It’s National Food Waste Recycling Week, a new national campaign from MyWaste.ie to encourage people to recycle their food waste.
Running until 6 June, the campaign will provide useful tips and advice on how people can start to recycle more of their food waste, thereby increasing understanding and awareness of the role that people can play in Ireland’s broader circular and green economy. It is being managed by Ireland’s three regional waste management planning offices. The campaign is funded by the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications.
Throughout the week, events will be held nationwide, supported by local authorities, the Composting and Anaerobic Digestion Association of Ireland (Cré) and the Irish Waste Management Association (IWMA). One of the highlight events will be an exhibition at this year’s Bloom Festival, which takes place over the extended June Bank Holiday weekend.
On top of this, free food waste caddies, each with a starter pack of caddy liners and an information leaflet which are available at 6 of the Fingal Community Facility Network’s Centres:
- Mulhuddart Community Centre
- Mountview Youth and Community Centre
- Donabate Portrane Community & Leisure Centre
- Baldoyle Community Hall
- Flemington Community Centre Balbriggan
- Applewood Community Centre Swords
So grab yours while stocks last and start your Climate Action by recycling your food waste!
Good Governance Awards 2022
Presented by the specialist training and support body for nonprofits in Ireland, Carmichael, The Good Governance Awards recognise and encourage adherence to responsible governance by nonprofit organisations in Ireland. They are inviting entries now, and awards are made based on the quality of an organisation’s annual report and financial statements.
There are 7 categories. These are:
- Category 1: For organisations with an annual turnover of less than €50,000
- Category 2: For organisations with an annual turnover of between €50,000 and €250.000.
- Category 3: For organisations with an annual turnover of over €250,000 and under €1 million.
- Category 4: For organisations with an annual turnover of over €1 million and under €5 million.
- Category 5: For organisations with an annual turnover of over €5 million and under €15 million
- Category 6: For organisations with an annual turnover of over €15 million and under €50 million
- Category 7: For organisations with an annual turnover of over €50 million.
A number of resources, including templates and case studies are available on their website here.